Sunday, January 27, 2013

Back to Marist/Random Updates

Hello!

Apologies for abandoning the blog for a bit.  It has been a crazy couple of weeks.  After a long and relaxing break, I am back at Marist for the spring semester.  It was nice to spend the holidays at home, but I am happy to return to some sort of schedule and normalcy.

Over the break, I had a chance to catch up on some quality television.  As a college student, keeping up with primetime shows is not exactly feasible.  Homework/meetings/a lack of channels usually gets in the way.  Luckily, Netflix, HBO Go and Showtime Anytime have been life savers in keeping me up to date.  After Homeland and The Walking Dead wrapped up right before Christmas, I needed a new show to get hooked on.  So many people have recommended Breaking Bad, so I decided to take the plunge.  The first few were tough to get through, but once I got past the first season I was ADDICTED....like 8 episodes a day addicted.  Needless to say, I'm all caught up.  I cannot imagine the anxiety I would have from week to week if I watched the seasons on TV.  



Also, I finally found the Ben and Jerry's ice cream that I have been searching for for months at Target.  I had started to give up hope, but I found it--and it was delicious.  



Ironically, I stopped at one of my school's cafes after the gym today and noticed they had a stock of these bad boys in the freezer.  It took every ounce of me to refrain from purchasing one.  Sigh.

I'm officially starting my internship at the Marist College Center for Sports Communication this week.  I am super excited to work with the other interns on everything we have planned for the semester.  On February 6th, we are having Sports Illustrated writer Chris Mannix speak at the school.  Chris covers the NBA and Boxing, and has experience with sports radio shows such as The Dan Patrick Show and ESPN's Outside the Lines and Rome is Burning.  For more information on the MCCSC, check out our website: http://sportscomm.marist.edu/.








No comments:

Post a Comment