Monday, January 14, 2013

Golden Globes Recap

The Best Moments of The Golden Globe Awards 2013

1. Amy Poehler and Tina Fey as co-hosts
Not surprisingly, Amy and Tina knocked it out of the park last night.  They absolutely killed it.  I was smiling from ear to ear from the opening monologue to the closing of the show.  The James Cameron, James Franco and Taylor Swift digs were amazing.  Why didn't the camera pan to Taylor as Tina warned her to stay away from Michael J. Fox's son?  If looks could kill, I bet Tina would be dead.

2. The "Argo" love
I could not be happier for Ben Affleck and his film "Argo."  After being snubbed by the Academy in the "Best Director" category, it was nice to see Affleck get the recognition he deserved.  I was pretty shocked that "Argo" took home the award for "Best Drama" over "Lincoln," but thrilled nonetheless.

3. Adele winning "Best Original Song" for "Skyfall"
Adele is super talented and deserving of the award.  She looked great last night and gave an adorable and genuine speech.  Plus, how could you not giggle when she high-fived Daniel Craig before running up to the stage?

4. Jennifer Lawrence "I beat Meryl"
It is obviously no secret how I feel about "Silver Linings Playbook" and Jennifer Lawrence, so I was really excited to see her win "Best Actress Comedy/Musical."  It seemed the crowd wasn't sure how to react to her excitement over defeating an absent Meryl Streep, but she quickly recovered with a witty and heartfelt speech.  Personally, I thought it was both authentic and funny.  Even if "Hope Springs" wasn't her best yet (and it was still pretty good!), wouldn't you be proud of beating out Meryl-freakin-Streep?

5. Kate Hudson's dress
OMG.  Perfection.  Best dressed by a landslide.  My other favorites included Hayden Panettiere, Jennifer Garner and Julianne Moore.  I loved the color of Taylor Swift and Jessica Chastain's gowns, but wasn't crazy about their styles.  I also thought Amanda Seyfried's hair and makeup was beautiful despite the mediocre dress choice. 

Ugh! Beautiful!

Runner Ups:
  • Bill Clinton introducing "Lincoln"
  • Kristin Wiig and Will Ferrell category introduction
  • HFP President telling Bradley Cooper to "Call her, maybe?"
  • The "Homeland" wins
  • Salma Hayek and Paul Rudd failing to remember which category they were supposed to announce
I don't really know how to comment on Jodi Foster's speech.  I'm still pretty confused about what she was trying to get at.  I'm sure it was heartfelt and sincere, just a little over my head.  I'll have to give it another watch.

Shout out to Oscar Zuleta, head waiter at The Beverly Hilton Hotel and the father of one of my best friends!  Without the "Only Oscar at the Golden Globes," the wonderful nominees of this year's ceremony would go veryyyyyy hungry!

With the exception of a few categories (HOW did Les Mis beat Silver Linings?), I was pretty happy with the Golden Globe winners.  The fashion was impressive as well--not too many flops (except for you, Lucy Liu--that was pretty awful).  I'm looking forward to hearing from the Academy next.  It is going to be a long month until the Oscars! 

No comments:

Post a Comment